- how we collect and use your personal data,
- your privacy rights,
- how the law protects you.
2. About us
We are Anglo Indian Beverage Ltd, operating under the trading name of ‘Manjal Restaurant’.
We primarily provide private dining services and/or send newsletters with your consent.
We are a company incorporated under the Laws of England and Wales with registration number 07965451 and we are based in the UK at Wallbrook Building, 195 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SG.
Manjal Restaurant is based in the UK at 3, Turnberry Quay, London, E14 9RD.
3. what data do we collect about you?
Personal Data is any information about you from which you can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (it’s called anonymous data).
We collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes your first name and last name.
- Contact Data includes your email address, mobile and landline contact number, full address.
- Financial Data includes your credit card details which we request from you when you make group reservations for a table for more than 8 people, wish to pay a deposit or pre-order any arrangements for your event.
- Social Profile Data includes your name, email address, location, personal descriptions and photos on social media profiles.
- CCTV Data includes recordings of your image and presence at our restaurant.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, time zone setting and location, including technical data from your devices such as device ID, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, including your traffic data.
- Customer Care Data includes your correspondence, feedback to us, survey responses for market research purposes.
4. how do we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect data from you through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial and Customer Care Data by filling in forms on our website or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or in person.
Your personal data is processed when you do the following:
- Subscribe to our newsletters;
- Enter our competitions or complete a survey;
- Submit your enquiries, give us feedback or report problems related to the functioning of our website.
We collect your CCTV Data when you enter in our restaurant.
Other sources of data. If you log-in using your social network credentials to connect to our platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter and G+, your Social Profile Data is shared with us.
If you make a reservation of a table or order a food delivery online whilst using our partners’ systems such as www.opentable.co.uk, www.quandoo.co.uk, and www.justeat.co.uk, https://deliveroo.co.uk/, www.ubereats.com, your Identity, Contact and sometimes Financial Data is shared with us.
5. how do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to, most commonly, in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to deliver services under your request in accordance with specific terms and conditions,
- Where you consent to the delivery of our newsletter,
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests,
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Below we have listed the ways describing reasons we use your personal data for and the legal basis we rely on to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purposes for which we are using your data.
|Purpose||Type of Data||Lawful Basis for Processing|
|To supply services you request, including:
To charge for services requested
|To market products and services to you by our newsletter||
||Your consent given directly to us or through our partners’ systems|
|To monitor our premises by CCTV||
||Necessary for our legitimate interest allowing us to protect our customers, property, employees and business from criminal and illegal activity, such as theft, robbery, injuries, and other, and to facilitate their investigation|
|To manage our relationship with you, including:
|To complete a survey for purely market research purposes
To enable you to participate in a competition
||Necessary for our legitimate interest to process marketing data allowing us to study how customers use our services, to develop them and grow our business|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop or business and to inform our marketing strategy|
6. How can you manage your marketing preferences?
You will receive our newsletter if through our website or our partners’ websites you have consented to receive it. Our newsletter will include details of our special events, offers, news, menu updates and other matters related to our restaurant.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by one of the following methods:
- Click the “Unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our newsletter, or
- Send an email with “Unsubscribe MANJAL” in the subject line to email@example.com
Please allow up to 24 hours for your details to be removed from our database.
7. to whom do we disclose your personal data?
Generally, we do not share your personal information with anyone. For the purposes set out below we share it with:
- MailChimp that help us to deliver our newsletter to you,
- Lycamobile UK that help us to record and store your CCTV Data for a certain period,
- Bookatable, OpenTable, FirstTable and Squaremeal that allow you to book a table at our restaurant,
- Deliveroo and UberEats that help you to order food delivery from our restaurant,
- Carrot Cars that help you to reach our restaurant,
- Global Payments that help us to process your credit card payments.
We encourage you to read our partners’ privacy policies before you order any services from us.
We require our service providers and partners to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
8. where is your personal data transferred to?
Some of our partners and service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), therefore their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
9. how secure do we keep your personal data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those staff members or other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a strict duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. how long do we retain your personal data for?
We retain your personal information only for as long as we need to process your information for the activities we collected them for.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
11. What are your privacy rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data which are as follows:
- Access to your personal data – This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we may hold about you and to check how we process it.
- Correction of your personal data – This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we may hold about you corrected or completed, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Erasure of your personal data – This enables you to ask us to delete personal data where there is no legitimate reason for us continuing to process it.
Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data – This enables you to ask us to terminate the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest or we are using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms, however we will stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes if you object to that.
- Restriction of processing your personal data – This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Transfer of your personal data – This enables you to ask us to transfer your personal data to you or to another service provider. We will provide to you, or another service provider you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Note, however, that this right only applies to automated information which you may have provided consent for us to use initially or where we used the information to perform some terms and conditions with you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Your right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns first before you approach the supervisory authority, so please do contact us in the first instance.
12. How to contact us?
If you have any questions or would like to know more about Manjal Restaurant, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
You may contact our Customer Services Department by filling our contact form at https://www.manjalrestaurant.com/contact-us/.
For compliance questions in relation to this policy, you may contact our data protection team at email@example.com.